Project UNIFORM offers many customizable trainings for anyone currently working with or interested in working with military communities. Please contact us for more information or to discuss upcoming opportunities.
Some of the trainings we offer:
- Cultural Considerations for Working with Military Communities
- The Nuts and Bolts of Military Communities
- How to Approach Military Communities as a Civilian
- History of Tobacco and the Military
- Alternative and Emerging Nicotine and Tobacco Products
- Nicotine and the Brain
- Tobacco Cessation Basics
- An Overview of Pharmacological Aids in Tobacco Cessation
- Components to Successful Tobacco Cessation
- Hookah and the Military
- Pipes and Cigars: A Military Perspective
- “It may be smokeless, but it’s still gross.”: Dip in the Military
- Snus Use by Service Members
- Understanding the Unique Needs of Students in the Military
Our team is committed to providing technical assistance and support to individuals, military installations, health care clinics, college campuses, organizations, and anyone else seeking to address tobacco use and cessation in military communities. We offer a variety of services to support local efforts.
- One-on-one support (in person or by phone)
- Staff and/or coalition trainings
- Assist with the development of cessation programs
- Assist with the development of tobacco-related prevention activities
- Provide support for educating decision makers and community on tobacco issues
- Presentation development
- Materials development
Project UNIFORM is pleased to offer placement of Facebook advertisements to California military installations, health care clinics, college campuses, and local organizations interested in promoting tobacco cessation. For more information about military community-specific ads, please contact us or call 916-339-3424 ext. 26.
Thank you for your interest in receiving educational materials to support your tobacco-free efforts. Depending on availability, Posters, Flyers, and Postcards may be available at no cost to tobacco-free advocates currently working on tobacco prevention and cessation efforts with California Military Communities (Active Duty and Veterans).
If you would like to request any of these FREE materials for use in your tobacco prevention and cessation efforts, please order them online by clicking from the selections below, and choosing PAYPAL as your checkout method. Orders will arrive free of charge.